Parent workshop: Building resilience through loss and adversity
- Parent workshop: Building resilience through loss and adversity
- 9/23/2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Through Parent Education, Good Grief Schools provides training on grief and trauma-informed practices to increase awareness, sensitivity, and understanding on the impact of loss and adversity. Caregivers will learn about the breadth of adversity, its effect on behaviors, learning, relationships, andwellbeing, and strategies to be responsive and build resilience at home.
Questions we’ll answer:
· What are common examples of loss and adversity? How do they impact children and adolescents?
· Is there a “normal” response to grief?
· How does grief affect my child socially and emotionally?
· What can I do as a parent or caregiver to create a safe space for children and adolescents to reflect, grieve, and move forward with purpose and intention?
Date and Time
Thursday, September 23, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAud-ysrT8sGdJR0VIrTzG0UBB3BwYLbJJA
Jesse Bassett is the Head of Training and Curriculum for Good Grief, a nonprofit organization based in New Jersey. For the past seven years, Jesse has worked closely with professionals, parents, volunteers, and caring members of the community to train, guide, and support through grief and loss. Jesse has led efforts to develop curriculum and programming for the Good Grief Schools initiative, which seeks to build resilience in classrooms.
About Good Grief: Good Grief is a New Jersey-based nonprofit whose mission is to build resilience in children, strengthen families, and empower communities to grow from loss and adversity.